Monday, June 15, 2009

Challenge #5 - Newspapers Online - part one

I thought is was time to get back to the challange and pickup where I left off. Since I first started the newspaper challange I had a personal reason to use the newspaper and obituary search. I found out recently that a member of a nonprofit group, in which I'm active, passed away in August 2008. I searched to see if I could find a published obituary or death notice to share with the group. While I won't go into particulars, I wasn't successful in finding an obit, which would explain why we didn't know of his passing. But at least with knowledge learned from the challenge, I felt my search strategies were correct and if there was a death notice to be found - I would have found it.

The second part of the assignment was a plus too, as I'd never used Ebsco A-Z. Very nice. I easily found the Regan Inauguration info for 1981 and emailed to oclmanages...

No comments: